Saturday 14 March 2009

My First Bag



Well today was my birthday....... and I spent it sewing! After buying my materials I came home and got started. It is a Rosalie Quinlan designs "Beauty of a flower" carry bag - but it is very different to the one in the pattern! For a start I did'nt add the flower app. or stitch the quote, and my pockets are so badly done! But I LOVE it anyway! Those pockets had me stumped - so I did it my way :) I cant wait to fill it now and use it tomorrow... where-ever I may go! And BTW my birthday was really nice - some very nice pressies and of course a cake that Adel picked out (she loves the pink icing, and she thought I might too!) Thank you! BTW Catherine, you pin cushion came in VERY handy today :)

2 comments:

Cat said...

Aren't you clever! It looks very cute, can't wait to see it IRL. Have a good day at the show! Smiles Catherine

Unknown said...

That bag looks fantastic Megan... The only place I am any good at sewing (& hand sewing at that) is on my layouts... So will you be joining me at the Retreat for SnG?? Would love to see you again... I popped into the crafty store in Ipswich but sadly you weren't there, one day will bump into you :)
Keep on a scrapping!!
*linda